Ethernet-based controlling has multiple advantages, here are the most notable:
- stable PC-to-controller connection, not available while connecting via USB (noise)
- distance from the controller to the machine may exceed 5 meters, as opposed to USB/LPT
- up to 6-axis simultaneously controlled
- generating STEP/DIR signals with very high precision, repeatability and frequency.
- high number of fast input and output ports (digital and analog)
- high modular extensibility (I/O as well as specialized, such as JOG) which enables additional devices to be connected (such as storages, tools and others) on condition an appropriate script is written
- system fully adapted to work in the industry standards (I/O in 24V standard)