CSMIO-IO module – expansion by additional inputs/outputs (IP-S, IP-A)
* Price excl. VAT, for EU private customers (no EU VAT id.) 23% VAT applies.
CSMIO-IO is an expansion module of additional digital inputs and outputs.
During retrofit of a machine, it may show up that digital inputs and outputs number available in CSMIO/IP-S or CSMIO/IP-A controller is not enough. In this situation, CSMIO-IO module is the solution as it has 16 digital inputs and 8 digital outputs. In extreme situations, we can use up to 16 of these IO modules.
CSMIO-IO module is supported only by CSMIO/IP-S and CSMIO/IP-A controllers.
Provided by connection of the CSMIO-IO module and CSMIO/IP-(S or A) controller through CAN bus. It guarantees correct and fast transmission even in a tough industrial environment. The great advantage of CAN bus is resistance to interference also in case of much distance between devices, the resistance is assured by differential transmission and CAN bus termination (120 Ohm resistor at the beginning and the end of the CAN bus). Another advantage of the CAN bus is the ability to detect collisions and data loss by the strict control of the transmission.
CSMIO-IO doesn’t require any additional electronics to work correctly; you only have to connect digital signals (must be supported), power supply and CAN bus. Digital signals are optically isolated inside, filtered, protected against short circuit, overheat, etc. All is closed in one compact cover for DIN rail mounting what makes the device even easier to install and reduces the time of mechanical and electrical installation in a control cabinet.
CSMIO-IO modules are a great solution for distributed systems, for example, they can be used in an operator panel with CSMIO-MPG module to minimize the number of wires which connect with the central controller to a power supply (+24V and GND) and CAN bus (Can_H, Can_L, and GND).
How does it work?
The principle of operation of CSMIO-IO module is straightforward and it’s about:
– digital inputs state reading and transferring the data to a motion controller through CAN bus.
– receiving data from the main controller through the CAN and digital outputs control.
Main advantages of CSMIO – IO module?
- Easy configuration – to work it needs to have address set and CAN bus termination (the CAN bus termination should be enabled if a module is the last module in CAN bus and it doesn’t have a special plug with termination resistors). For that, you should use switches placed on a front panel of the module. After the module is powered, it’s automatically detected by and recognized by the central controller (CSMIO/IP-A or S).
- Solid aluminum housing which dissipates heat and protects electronic circuits very well. Readable led controls on a front panel which make it easier to install and simplify diagnostics of digital inputs and outputs state. This compact cover is DIN rail mounted what makes the device even more comfortable to install and reduces the time of mechanical and electrical installation in a control cabinet.
- Macros – all digital inputs and outputs can be controlled by VisualBasic macros.
- Industry standard – CSMIO-IO module is adapted to common industrial standards, including:
- opto-isolated digital outputs 24V DC supported by specialized systems with overload and short circuit protection.
- optoisolated digital inputs 24V DC
- the power supply of the module adapted to 24V DC voltage
CSMIO-IO module is recommended to users/companies, who:
- retrofit original CNC machines and want to use their original control panel and don’t want to have a tangle of cables connecting it with a control cabinet,
- build new machines and want to extend their capabilities with control operator functionality which is much away from a control cabinet,
- build or retrofit machines that require a large number of digital signals.
CSMIO-IO module can be successfully used in every type of a machine.
CSMIO-IO® Module of additional inputs/outputs (for CSMIO/IP-S, -A models) Manuals