In case of issues with the loss of network connection with a CSMIO/IP motion controller, follow the list below in the following order:
– If you are using WiFi connection replace it with cable connection. The WiFi connection is not stable enough.
– Disable power saving mode for your network card.
– In your operating system settings, activate the power plan that guarantees the highest performance of a PC unit.
– Check if the energy-saving management applications are running in the operating system, turn them off or set them so that they do not limit the performance of the PC unit
– Disable or correctly set your anti-virus software not to block network connection.
– Check if your network cable runs near the source of high interference, change the cable arrangement if necessary.
– If necessary, replace the network cable with another one to test it.
– use a different 24V DC power supply unit (good quality) to test it.
– If you are using a router or switch, opt-out of it as part of a test and use the direct connection (IP: 10.1.1.1 and Mask: 255.255.255.0)
– Send the controller serial number to CS-LAB technical support to determine if your controller is up to date with the hardware.
– As a last resort, change your computer to another computer as a part of a test.
All of the above are very important and directly affect the stability of the network connection. Most often, network connection problems are caused by laptop energy saving algorithms.
A useful tool to mention may be the network connection diagnostic window. This window contains all the necessary parameters to assess the quality of the network connection.
[Source:] The diagram was created by CS-Lab’s Technical Support section for CSMIO/IP users.