fbpx

CS-Lab Support Forum for CNC Community

Help to run this brand-new forum and stay with us.
Ask your questions, we are here to help! 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

About SIMCNC installation

Hello everyone,

For almost three years, I have been working with CSMIOIP-M and the plugin for Mach3.

Now I am trying to test the SIMCNC software and have applied for and obtained a trial license.

The first test has not been successful.

I currently have the CSMIOIP-M connected to the PC using a crossover cable and assigned the address 10.1.1.1 to the network card.

My first question is:

Do I have to make any changes in the configuration of the network card before installing SIMCNC ? Thank you for your answers.

No, you don't have to set anything else, just the network address. But what you should also note is that the connection is enabled in the firewall and that simCNC needs admin rights to run.

nvr11 has reacted to this post.
nvr11

Thanks for the answer carbonkid.

This is how I did it in my first test and maybe the error was due to not changing the network address before the first boot.

I guess I have to put the network card of the PC one that is in the 192.168.1.XXX range that I think I remember is the one that the firmware updater showed when installing.

I will try again today.

Hi, no 192.... is not correct. Look here in the video, it's in German but you can see how to set it. If you have several LAN connections, make sure you choose the right one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOHE-JSwpUk

Good Luck

Greatings
Daniel

nvr11

Thanks again, Daniel.

From what I see in the youtube video I don't have to make any changes to the network card.

Since as I explained in the first post I have it configured with the address 10.1.1.1

We will try to install again.

Greetings from the south of Spain

Narciso

It's best to do everything with admin rights

nvr11

Yes of course, I do it in the administrator account

Thank you

Hello,

You wrote that you already got a test license for simCNC.
The condition for receiving a test license is to connect to simCNC to read the serial number and Mac address of the CSMIO/IP controller.
This means that if you already have a license for simCNC, you must have already connected to simCNC without any problems.

At this point, I have to ask you what do you see in the "Motion Controller Selection" window.
Did you get the serial number and mac address from this window?

If you made a mistake and read the Mac address of the computer's network card instead of the Mac address of the controller, the simCNC license is not valid.
In this situation, after loading the license, simCNC will never connect to the controller and will display a connection error message due to a bad license.

Below is a list of activities that must be performed in order to connect to a controller without any problems (so that the controller is detected by simCNC for the first time).

1) For a direct connection (no router or switch), the IP address is not all you need to pay attention to.
The mask is also important, which must be set for simCNC to 255.255.255.0.

2) Disable or configure the firewall and anti-virus software, so they do not block the network connection with simCNC.

3) In the network card settings, in the "Power Management" tab, uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option

4) In the BIOS settings in the power management tab, disable all options for limiting computer performance and power consumption (you literally have to disable everything).

Points 3 and 4 are usually not necessary at the stage of the first simCNC connection with the CSMIO/IP controller, but it is worth doing it at the beginning because it is required for the stable and smooth operation of simCNC anyway.

Here again, now I was able to install and almost everything works very well, the X axis, the Z axis, the spindle, the limits, but the problem is that I cannot put the A axis as a slave to the Y axis. In the axes window of the settings screen, I cannot expand the list and therefore select any number and also I cannot find how to change from master to slave. Thank you

In simCNC, the A axis is not assigned to the Y axis.
Two MotionKits (MoitionKit master and MotiKit slave) must be assigned to the Y axis.

PARTNERS:

USA

Germany

Slovenia / Bosnia

Spain

South Africa

UNI-CAM

The Netherlands

Portugal

Greece

Distrib milionis logo

Hungary