fbpx

CS-Lab Support Forum for CNC Community

Help to run this brand-new forum and stay with us.
Ask your questions, we are here to help! 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

install pyserial

Hello CNC friends

I would like to send data in a Python script over a serial port
To do this I have to do “serial import”, but unfortunately I get an error that this module cannot be found.
In the normal Python installation on Windows it works.
How can I do “pip install pyserial” in simcnc?

Hi,
simCNC uses a "normal" Python!
If you have several Python versions on your PC, then you must check which one is set for simCNC. You will find the path under your simCNC installation folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\simCNC\python) in the file pythonInstallationPath.
You can look at the pythonInstallationPath file with a normal text editor, e.g. Notepad, and it will say something like C:\Users\boess\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\python.exe.
You can change the path if you want to use a different (i.e. usually newer) version or you can go to the scripts directory and take the pip from that folder. For me it would be this folder: C:\Users\boess\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\Scripts

VG
Anton

CS-Lab Support has reacted to this post.
CS-Lab Support

I will just add two things:

If the pip installer does not work, it should be reinstalled by modifying the Python installer:

- As a place to install the libraries, I recommend a permanent place independent of simCNC.
I install the libraries in the Python home folder C:\Users\wojtek\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311

PARTNERS:

USA

Germany

Slovenia / Bosnia

Spain

South Africa

UNI-CAM

The Netherlands

Portugal

Greece

Distrib milionis logo

Hungary