fbpx

CS-Lab Support Forum for CNC Community

Help to run this brand-new forum and stay with us.
Ask your questions, we are here to help! 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Precise homing with SIM CNC and Delta servo

Hello
I'm trying to operate the homing via index; I'have read and read again your post about homing via indexes for Mach 3; is it different for Sim CNC?
I can't get it to work. message error= not found index on axis.

I checked the CN1 cables, good.
I checked input index numbers, good
I tested the settings between 500 and 250 on Delta as you indicated

Home switch for all axes are good and working if i don't use index

I also don't quite understand why you indicate a switch connected to an input for homing, is it essential?
In my configuration, 3 index are going on inputs 16 to 31, but if I validate the homing index in the settings, my machine no longer references itself and can't find the index. Of course, I followed your instructions for setting the servos to 500 instead of the default 2500 on the delta.
In the Homing window, should I use homing enable, where does the signal come from? It's not the indexes, as they're already associated with the inputs index...

is it an manual switch for homing on the machine?
Could you draw a diagram and explain?

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

>> I'have read and read again your post about homing via indexes for Mach 3; is it different for Sim CNC?

The general principle is the same as in Mach3.

>> I can't get it to work. message error= not found index on axis.

Refer to section 9.1 C: https://en.cs-lab.eu/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/quickstart-simcnc_en.pdf.

In the simCNC manual, there is a whole section about homing, you should read it carefully.

>> I also don't quite understand why you indicate a switch connected to an input for homing, is it essential?

The index signal occurs every full revolution of a servo motor shaft. The home sensor is necessary to indicate the first index signal before the home sensor.

>> In my configuration, 3 index are going on inputs 16 to 31, but if I validate the homing index in the settings, my machine no longer references itself and can't find the index.

The problem may lie in connecting the index signal or in the configuration of the parameter I mention in 9.1 C.

> In the Homing window, should I use homing enable, where does the signal come from? It's not the indexes, as they're already associated with the inputs index...

>>> Could you draw a diagram and explain?

Everything was drawn a few years ago. Take a look at the attachment, there are diagrams that are also available on our website.

>> is it an manual switch for homing on the machine?

I don't understand this question.

Uploaded files:

PARTNERS:

USA

Germany

Slovenia / Bosnia

Spain

South Africa

UNI-CAM

The Netherlands

Portugal

Greece