fbpx

CS-Lab Support Forum for CNC Community

Help to run this brand-new forum and stay with us.
Ask your questions, we are here to help! 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Sim CNC Raspberry PI

Hi 

I would like to try Sim CNC on a Raspberry PI 4 and wanted to know if this would limit my system due to the CPU not being as powerful as a low end Intel one? 

Is your software compatible with the newer version 5 PI as that is reported to have twice the processing power of the 4 PI and it has  PCIE which would be much faster on the storage side.

Another question - what resolution screen should I use for the best experience?

Thoughts welcome.

Hello,

>> I would like to try Sim CNC on a Raspberry PI 4 and wanted to know if this would limit my system due to the CPU not being as powerful as a low end Intel one?

So far, we have not had a situation where Raspberry PI 4 was too inefficient to support milling or engraving machines. Nevertheless, we warn our customers not to overdo the gcode resolution. Too many sections per millimeter may overload the Raspberry PI 4.

> Is your software compatible with the newer version 5 PI as that is reported to have twice

>> the processing power of the 4 PI and it has  PCIE which would be much faster on the storage side.

Not yet. In the case of the RaspberryPI 5, we need to use a newer operating system.

>>Another question - what resolution screen should I use for the best experience?

The screen should be of sufficient size and resolution to use the CNC machine comfortably. I prefer large screens, i.e. with a high resolution (24 inches 1920x1200).

PARTNERS:

USA

Germany

Slovenia / Bosnia

Spain

South Africa

UNI-CAM

The Netherlands

Portugal

Greece

Distrib milionis logo

Hungary