fbpx

CS-Lab Support Forum for CNC Community

Help to run this brand-new forum and stay with us.
Ask your questions, we are here to help! 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

switching from Mach3 to SimCNC - a few questions

Hi!

I'm currently in the process of switching from Mach3 to SimCNC on my mill. There is a working Mach3 config for my IP-S and I would prefer to not make a lot of changes to the current electrical config so I can switch back to Mach if it is needed.

All 4 axis are now working on SimCNC but now I have some questions for my spindle config:

Currently the spindle speed for mach3 is read via a inductive-sensor with one pin of the IP-S (1 signal per 1 revolution of the spindle). Is there a way in SimCNC to do the same without using an encoder and an encoder module?

Second question is how do I include door-switches in SimCNC, so when my housing-doors of the mill are open the spindle cannot be activated?

Thanks in advance!

>> Currently the spindle speed for mach3 is read via a inductive-sensor with one pin of the IP-S (1 signal per 1 revolution of the spindle).
>>> Is there a way in SimCNC to do the same without using an encoder and an encoder module?

Unfortunately not.

>> Second question is how do I include door-switches in SimCNC, so when my housing-doors of the mill are open the spindle cannot be activated?

You have two ways:
1) Door opening sensor connected to FVD.
In the VFD you will set the sensor signal to Enable.
This way, the spindle will always stop when the door is open.
2) Connect the door opening sensor to CSMIO/IP-S and configure Python actions for the sensor signal.
Then you need to write a macro that will do exactly what you want when the door opens.
This macro will be triggered by the previously mentioned Python action.

gschora has reacted to this post.
gschora

Thanks for the info!

Wouldn't it be possible to use a script to count how often the signal comes to the digital input and then convert that into a speed? For example, if you use a Hall sensor.

gschora has reacted to this post.
gschora
Quote from carbonkid on 19 March 2024, 20:58

Wouldn't it be possible to use a script to count how often the signal comes to the digital input and then convert that into a speed? For example, if you use a Hall sensor.

Thanks. I also got this tip on the german facebook group. I will try this, when I have time to look at the api. But I will probably by the enc-module for cutting threads anyway.

btw great yt-channel great screen! 

Quote from carbonkid on 19 March 2024, 20:58

This solution would make sense when Python was placed in the CSMIO/IP controller, but unfortunately it has to be placed on a PC.
This means that in the case of high spindle speed, the communication frequency of the PC with the CSMIO/IP controller will be an obstacle.

PARTNERS:

USA

Germany

Slovenia / Bosnia

Spain

South Africa

UNI-CAM

The Netherlands

Portugal

Greece

Distrib milionis logo

Hungary