fbpx

CS-Lab Support Forum for CNC Community

Help to run this brand-new forum and stay with us.
Ask your questions, we are here to help! 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Complicated tool changer

Page 1 of 2Next

greetings, is it possible to write a script for this kind of tool changer, either in SIM CNC, MACH 3 or 4?

Uploaded files:
  • 20231002_173747.jpg
  • 20231002_175653.jpg
  • 20231002_173715.jpg
  • 20231002_174438.jpg
  • 20231002_173759.jpg

Hi,

We do not write scripts remotely because it is dangerous and highly time-consuming.
If you want, I can give you the contact details of a service technician who writes scripts.
If you live in Europe, he can come and help you at your place without any problem.

Regards

Wojtek

interesting, can he publish the price on the forum to begin with? If he wrote it remotely, I would work it out myself. I would also be responsible for mistakes.

You can ask him, Mateus, NewerMind office.newermind@gmail.com

Quote from eduard.havoic on 19 November 2023, 14:04

interesting, can he publish the price on the forum to begin with? If he wrote it remotely, I would work it out myself. I would also be responsible for mistakes.

I wrote a similar tool changer script lately, it took about a day in a sandbox, and half a day of application before it went live and w/o hassle.

I'd suggest you make a short textual explanation of what needs to happen, esp. which safety checks should be executed to avoid any type of crash, as well as a list of all relevant inputs and outputs.

Then you're half way there!

Regards,
Daniel

eduard.havoic has reacted to this post.
eduard.havoic

are you willing to share it?

I would, but I wrote it for a client and it was paid as engineering service, so it's not my script, but the customers. 

how much would such a script cost?

Quote from eduard.havoic on 15 January 2024, 18:15

how much would such a script cost?

Depends on the complexity, number of signals to process, steps in the process, etc. btw. 3-4 digit €.
It scales with the amount of description provided from the start. The better the info is (work flow, sensors involved, pin mapping, timing information, etc.), the easier is the implementation.

I started writing it myself, I guess I will succeed, but I will divide it into two scripts

Page 1 of 2Next

PARTNERS:

USA

Germany

Slovenia / Bosnia

Spain

South Africa

UNI-CAM

The Netherlands

Portugal

Greece

Distrib milionis logo