fbpx

CS-Lab Support Forum for CNC Community

Help to run this brand-new forum and stay with us.
Ask your questions, we are here to help! 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Feed Override

Page 1 of 2Next

I have the potentiometers on my control for overriding the feed and spindle speed. However, I can only override the values that come from the G-codes. How is it possible to override the other feeds, for example during homing, tool length measuring, approach XY zero, workpiece probing etc.? That would be very helpful and advantageous to be able to turn down the feed to prevent a crash.

>> However, I can only override the values that come from the G-codes.

This is what the FRO and SRO potentiometers are for

>> However, I can only override the values that come from the G-codes.
>>> How is it possible to override the other feeds, for example during homing,
>>> tool length measuring, approach XY zero, workpiece probing etc.?

Changing the feed rate for all the functions you mentioned except "approach XY zero" is not recommended and, therefore prohibited.
This is why the FRO potentiometer does not work during their operation.

Hello, sorry, that was a mistake. I can override when approaching the park position and the workpiece zero point. It is only not possible with the scripts for probing the workpiece and measuring the tool length. How would you have to specify the feedrate in the script so that it can be overridden via potentiometer?

>> How would you have to specify the feedrate in the script so that it can be overridden via potentiometer?

You can't do it exactly as you would like, but there is an alternative.

You can perform rapid movements using the d.executeGCode(string GCodeCommand) command.
This will allow you to slow down the G0, G1, G2 and G3 commands.

Unfortunately, in the case of probing, you cannot use the d.executeGCode(string GCodeCommand) command because probing is always executed at the set speed before it is activated.
The only way is to read the FRO just before probing and correct the set probing speed based on this value.

Okay I understand. After I looked at the scripts for the parking position and moving to the workpiece zero point, the plan was to try this command. Let's see if it works. The most important thing for me would be to probing the workpiece. I don't use your probingxyz script but another one. The X+ looks like this:
In line 5 I added the “d.executeGcode”. Can this work like that???

1 def probeXPlus():

2 print("X+ probing start")
3 pos = d.getPosition(CoordMode.Machine)
# start fast probing
4 pos[Axis.X.value] = pos[Axis.X.value]+searchDistance
5 probeResult = d.executeProbing(CoordMode.Machine, pos,probeIndex,d.executeGCode(G01 F500))
6 if(probeResult == False):
7 sys.exit("fast probing failed!")
# get fast probe contact position
8 fastProbeFinishPos = d.getProbingPosition(CoordMode.Machine)

9 d.moveAxisIncremental(Axis.X, -moveBackDistance,fastProbeSpeed)
# delay
10 time.sleep(fineProbingDelay)
# start fine probing
11 probeResult = d.executeProbing(CoordMode.Machine, pos, probeIndex,slowProbeSpeed)
12 if(probeResult == False):
13 sys.exit("slow probing failed!")
# get fine probe contact position
14 probeFinishPos = d.getProbingPosition(CoordMode.Machine)

# check diff between fast and fine probing
15 probeDiff = abs(fastProbeFinishPos[Axis.X.value] - probeFinishPos[Axis.X.value])
16 if(probeDiff > fineProbeMaxAllowedDiff and checkFineProbingDiff == True):
17 errMsg = "ERROR: fine probing difference limit exceeded! (diff: {:.3f})".format(probeDiff)
18 sys.exit( errMsg)

19 print("sucess x+: {:.3f}".format( probeFinishPos[0]))
20 d.moveAxisIncremental( Axis.X,-moveBackDistance,fastProbeSpeed)

21 probeFinishPos[0]=probeFinishPos[0]+ballDiameter/2

22 return probeFinishPos

>> 5 probeResult = d.executeProbing(CoordMode.Machine, pos,probeIndex,d.executeGCode(G01 F500))

This has no right to work.
As soon as you run this script, Python will show an error.
As I said, reducing the speed while probing is impossible.
The only option is to limit the speed before triggering probing.
Below is what I mean:

Vel = 2000

FRO = d.getFRO( )

Vel = Vel * FRO / 100

probeResult = d.executeProbing(CoordMode.Machine, pos,probeIndex, Vel)

Hi, yes you are right it caused an error but with some experimenting it works now.
I changed line five back and added fastProbeSpeed = d.executeGCode ("G1 F500") at the beginning of the script. 😉
Thanks for the help anyway.

Of course it does not work. I had only tried it in simulation mode and the feed value was shown in the display. That's why I thought it was OK. Now I've done some research, and in industrial machines it's called "Rapid Override". That would be quite practical, but would require another potentiometer, which would only be possible with the IP-S and A because of the number of analogue inputs. Would this function be conceivable in the future?

Then I would even swap my IP-M for an IP-S. 😉

>>> Would this function be conceivable in the future?

Probably not, because as I have already written, homing and probing should be performed at a constant speed.
Could you explain why you want to slow down this function?

It is unimportant for reference travel.

However, it would be important for my probing scripts. This is how you can prevent collisions when probing. At the moment I can't stop a probing cycle except with the emergency stop. I don't know if it's the script. When probing a workpiece, there can always be a tight space for clamping devices and then it would be helpful to turn down the feed. I don't know if I'm just being stupid. I would be interested to know how other users do it.?. I usually only mill individual parts for my car model making. In between, I also use the probing cycles to mill fits. It is also an advantage to be able to turn down/up the feed rate of the probing cycle.
All scripts, i.e. probing and also my m6 tool change script, cannot be canceled or the feed rate changed.

Hence my other post. I have to agree with you, the other processes can be aborted/stopped.

Page 1 of 2Next

PARTNERS:

USA

Germany

Slovenia / Bosnia

Spain

South Africa

UNI-CAM

The Netherlands

Portugal

Greece

Distrib milionis logo