fbpx

CS-Lab Support Forum for CNC Community

Help to run this brand-new forum and stay with us.
Ask your questions, we are here to help! 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Feed Override

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Hello.
The assumption is that the probing should be carried out at a constant speed, as this may affect the measurement result.
You need to know that you should only start probing when you are sure that it will be safe.
Running a probing and slowing it down to avoid collisions is unacceptable.

In theory that may be the case, but in practice it often looks different, especially when it is not a question of series production but rather individual parts are manufactured. 😉

dylan1024 has reacted to this post.
dylan1024

on all industrial machines I have run, feed rate override and rapid override function any time there is an axis in motion, weather its running a script or normal code. I would love for the option of feed or rapid overrides to function during macros like probing. It helps to keep the machine safe, especially for one off parts or first time set-up.
Yes, the probe result might be affected with variable speed, but it would allow you to run very carefully through the probing cycle to check for collisions, if all is okay, you can run at 100% with confidence. 
If a machine can perform moves with FRO and RRO set to 0% it is very scary to operate and feels unsafe.

That's exactly how it is. I haven't worked on so many different industrial milling machines yet. At work I make a lot of individual parts on our Datron Neo. I would probably have had many crashes there if I hadn't been able to reduce the speed while measuring. Now when I'm at home at my DIY milling machine and measuring parts, I always a little poop in the shorts. 😉 Maybe this will be available in simcnc at some point.

I added a request (ticket #574) for the possibility of slowing down probing and homing.

There will be two restrictions:
- only slowing down using FRO will be possible; acceleration will not be possible for safety reasons.
- only G commands will be slowed down; the commands d.executeAxisHoming( Axis axis ), d.executeHoming( ), d.executeProbing( ) will not be slowed down.

PreviousPage 2 of 2

PARTNERS:

USA

Germany

Slovenia / Bosnia

Spain

South Africa

UNI-CAM

The Netherlands

Portugal

Greece

Distrib milionis logo