fbpx

CS-Lab Support Forum for CNC Community

Help to run this brand-new forum and stay with us.
Ask your questions, we are here to help! 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Settings/Configuration dialog

Hi I have searched for an explanation of what the settings/configuration tabs and then individual entries mean, for units and ranges etc. There seem to be hints to some things in the set up manual for the CSMIO/IP-S manual dated 2018 rev 3.0 that I have downloaded and used but they are almost exclusively from a Mach3 perspective. Having invested my time ( and a little money) into SimCNC the only documentation that I can find is for the installation of the software featuring installation routines for obsolete windows versions along with the Python guide

I am getting to grips with Python as a language but there is almost no documentation for the calls/subroutines or processes which I need to reference . I use Visual studio code for other developments but it has no knowledge of the workings of your software , so whilst your editor has autocomplete/suggestions it is incredibly slow.

As you may be aware I am suffering from disconnections between controller and PC and have changed network cables to cat 6 shielded along with no router, I have bought a new PC .The problem is better in that the machine doesn't now lose connection and stop but I still can have 400 Timeout errors. I am now about to embark on a complete rewire of the control cabinet. My worry is that it is my controller that is faulty

When I ask a question it is invariably answered promptly and efficiently but I am left with no greater understanding of your "system". When I read other peoples questions and answers there always seems to be information involved that we as the undocumented user  would have no way of knowing before hand. I realise that this is part of the support cycle, we ask the question and you answer it however with better documentation the question would not need to be asked in most cases.

Keep up the good work.

chris

Hi Chris,

>>> Hi I have searched for an explanation of what the settings/configuration tabs and then individual entries mean,
>>> for units and ranges etc. There seem to be hints to some things in the set up manual for the CSMIO/IP-S manual dated 2018 rev 3.0 that
>>> I have downloaded and used but they are almost exclusively from a Mach3 perspective. Having invested my time ( and a little money) into SimCNC the only documentation that
>> I can find is for the installation of the software featuring installation routines for obsolete windows versions along with the Python guide

In some time, we will work on expanding the configuration instructions, Python macros, and a user manual will be created.
Currently, if you have any questions, feel free to write on the forum, thanks to which a good knowledge base describing real-life cases is being created.

>>> I am getting to grips with Python as a language but there is almost no documentation for the calls/subroutines or processes which I need to reference .
>>>  I use Visual studio code for other developments but it has no knowledge of the workings of your software ,
>>> so whilst your editor has autocomplete/suggestions it is incredibly slow.

We will not teach users how to use Python freely. We leave the matter of learning Python itself to the users. However, we can provide extensive tips on how to implement your own functionalities using functions created by us. If you have any questions, feel free to ask; we will always answer you as best we can.

As you may be aware I am suffering from disconnections between controller and PC and have changed network cables to cat 6 shielded along with no router,
>>>  I have bought a new PC .The problem is better in that the machine doesn't now lose connection and stop but I still can have 400 Timeout errors.
>>>I am now about to embark on a complete rewire of the control cabinet. My worry is that it is my controller that is faulty

Please follow this guide carefully: https://en.cs-lab.eu/what-causes-network-connection-issues-simcnc-mach4/
If the guide does not help you, send the controller for testing and possible repair.

> When I ask a question it is invariably answered promptly and efficiently but I am left with no greater understanding of your "system".

>> When I read other peoples questions and answers there always seems to be information involved that we as the undocumented user  would have no way of knowing before hand.
>>> I realise that this is part of the support cycle, we ask the question and you answer it however with better documentation the question would not need to be asked in most cases.

As I wrote, more extensive documentation will be created, but you must be aware that even the best documentation does not solve the problem as effectively as a few simple sentences thrown out in a conversation on the forum.

Thanks,
Wojtek

Thanks for your prompt reply and reassuring answers, here are some simple questions from the confogurations

What is Hm surr forbidden and  Hm sur warning

Whilst I know that you cant give definitive answers I have a 3000x2000 rack and pinion router with a 7.5 kw ATC spindle I have just now found why 6000mm/min is the maximum speed regardless of the feed rate set in gcode, are the default acceleration and jerk (100 and 200 respectively) good places to start, how do I know if the numbers are too big?

Would it be possible to change the Tool designation from tool,tool2 etc to whatever I like so that it would be more of a tool tracking resource a little like tool crib in gwizard. It seems to make more sense for SimCNC to be the definitive tool catalogue rather than the cam software (fusion and vcarve) which results in 3 separate "lists"

It turns out that the wires to the stepper controllers are not twisted pair shielded after all, I am about to replace them and we'll see if that makes a difference. As I said before the machine is not now crashing but it does clock up large  numbers of time out errors. I'm very reluctant to send it back as (because of brexit ) the customs position is very difficult, I sent it back to you for repair last year, it took 5 weeks to get to you , you repaired it within the day and then 4 weeks to return. I am almost in a position to now use this machine to start production. How long will it be before the new kit is released?

As ever chris

>> What is Hm surr forbidden and  Hm sur warning

See chapter 9.2 point a and b. In fact, you should also read chapter 9.1.

https://en.cs-lab.eu/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/quickstart-simcnc_en.pdf    

> Whilst I know that you cant give definitive answers I have a 3000x2000 rack and pinion router with a 7.5 kw

>> ATC spindle I have just now found why 6000mm/min is the maximum speed regardless of the feed rate set in gcode,

>>> are the default acceleration and jerk (100 and 200 respectively) good places to start, how do I know if the numbers are too big?

See Chapter 6, it describes what you need to know to determine speeds, acceleration and axis travel.

https://en.cs-lab.eu/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/quickstart-simcnc_en.pdf

> Would it be possible to change the Tool designation from tool,tool2 etc to whatever I like so that it would be more of a tool tracking resource a little like tool crib in gwizard.

>>> It seems to make more sense for SimCNC to be the definitive tool catalogue rather than the cam software (fusion and vcarve) which results in 3 separate "lists"]

Should I understand that you mean the "Tool" column in the "Tool Table"? If I guess correctly, in version 3.600 of simCNC you will be able to give your own names to tools.

> It turns out that the wires to the stepper controllers are not twisted pair shielded after all, I am about to replace them and we'll see if that makes a difference.

>> As I said before the machine is not now crashing but it does clock up large  numbers of time out errors.

>> I'm very reluctant to send it back as (because of brexit ) the customs position is very difficult,

>>> I sent it back to you for repair last year, it took 5 weeks to get to you , you repaired it within the day and then 4 weeks to return.

Have you honestly followed the article below? https://en.cs-lab.eu/what-causes-network-connection-issues-simcnc-mach4/

I know that you replaced your computer with a new one, but have you found and turned off all energy saving modes? I mean mainly the network card sleep mode in Windows and the option to slow down the processor, buses and peripherals in the BIOS? This is very important because if you do not do this, the network transmission will be periodically suspended by the computer for several dozen ms. This is easy to recognize because the counter of lost frames in the simCNC network connection diagnostics will increase by the same value, e.g. 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 or 3 - 3 - 3 - 3. If the problem is interference, the lost frame counter will increase by a random value, e.g. 1 - 2 - 1 - 3 - 1 - 3 - 1 - 1 - 3 - 2.

PS: We can help you with shipping if needed but not by post. It indeed takes ages.

>> >>> I am almost in a position to now use this machine to start production. How long will it be before the new kit is released?

I don't know what you mean here.

You mentioned elsewhere that you are introducing a new controller, I wondered when this is scheduled? 

I will be installing the CSMIO/IP-M version H7 on a machine for long-term tests in a few days. It will mainly be a software test because the hardware is tested and ready.
I think they will be available in 2 months.

PARTNERS:

USA

Germany

Slovenia / Bosnia

Spain

South Africa

UNI-CAM

The Netherlands

Portugal

Greece

Distrib milionis logo

Hungary