fbpx

CS-Lab Support Forum for CNC Community

Help to run this brand-new forum and stay with us.
Ask your questions, we are here to help! 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

used machineparameters

Hello,

i am adapting a common screen to my actual machine by using the GUI Editor. During this i have to create some new machine parameters.

Is there a list of definned and used machine parameters to avoid incorrect use of already existing parameters. And how can i find where these are used?

If i place some new pushbuttons or labels on a screen. How can i aling such items to each other in a line or row. Is there a description how to handle some graphical items inside the GUI Editor?  

Best regards

Frank

>> There is a list of defined and used machine parameters to avoid incorrect use of already existing parameters. And how can i find where these are used?

The list of parameters is in simCNC.
Go to "Diagnostic/Parametres tables", and you will see a list (table) of parameters:

Parameters are divided into system ones used by simCNC and user parameters.
Both groups of these parameters can be written and read ("R/W" column, R means read only, R/W means read and write).

Parameters from 0 to 4000 are provided for use by a user.
You can use these parameters whenever and however you want because they are unused.
For example, I used parameters 0 to 8 when creating a plasma screen.

It is worth knowing that the first thousand parameters intended for a user are permanently saved.
This is evidenced by the column labeled "Saved".

Parameters can be written and read from the macro using the function "d.setMachineParam( int paramNumber, float value )" and "d.getMachineParam( int paramNumber )".

>> And how can i find where these are used?

In general, parameters are used practically everywhere, but not everywhere they are in the form of a parameter with a specific number.
What I mean here is that when we find that a given simCNC variable would be useful for the user, we create a parameter with a specific number representing the value of this variable.

>> If i place some new pushbuttons or labels on a screen. How can i aling such items to each other in a line or row.

Page 20 https://en.cs-lab.eu/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/simcnc-screen-editor-guide_en-1.pdf

>> Is there a description how to handle some graphical items inside the GUI Editor?

Page 10 of the same manual.

OK, Thank you very mutch for the feedback. 

It helps a lot!

Best regards

Frank

I have an other question.

before the new controller I used MACH3. I used a functionality supported by MACH3 in gcode that allowed it
to process a subprogram within a gcode. I used this function to mill spur gears with the help of gear cutters on a machine with a 4th axis. In the "main program" the 4th axis was set to the angular position of the gear wheel and a "subprogram" was called with M98 P... in which (starting with o1) recurring steps for milling a single tooth were processed (end with M99) . Back in the "main program" the 4th axis was set to the "next tooth position" and the sub-program for milling the tooth was called again.

The M98 command to call such a subprogram is currently being instructed in simCNC.
Is this function supported by simCNC? And what is the correct call syntax?

Thanks again!

Best regards

Frank

Currently, simCNC does not have subroutine functions yet.
This feature will probably be added right after the threading feature.
I think it will be around summer or fall this year.

PARTNERS:

USA

Germany

Slovenia / Bosnia

Spain

South Africa

UNI-CAM

The Netherlands

Portugal

Greece

Distrib milionis logo

Hungary