Manual Pulse Generator – JOG handwheel
A tool for quick configuration of a material base (G54, G55 …), tool magazine (tool length offset), as well as for manual machining or fast manual rides (requires CSMIO-MPG module available separately or in the MPG Kit). Connection with CSMIO-MPG is extremely simple and shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes, even for inexperienced users.
How to run it?
- Fasten the module on a DIN rail
- Place the DB25 plug of the JOG handwheel in the CSMIO-MPG module socket.
- Connect the CAN bus with the included DB9 tape
- Connect 24V DC power.
- Connect E-STOP circuit to terminals E1 and E2 (order of the connections is not important). Terminals E1 and E2 are pins of the handwheel E-STOP button.
The additional blue button is a button that allows you to perform additional functions if you use simCNC, including:
- deleting the selected axis coordinate in combination with a multi-position axis selection switch,
- triggering homing of the selected axis in combination with a multi-position axis selection switch,
- changing any value (e.g. SRO, FRO, JRO) in connection with the encoder wheel,
- and many more that you can think of.
How it’s working?
The blue button is connected to the previously unused digital input number 9 of the CSMIO-MPG module. Pressing it activates input number 9, which triggers the Python action, which triggers the macro assigned to this action. In this macro we can read the positions of the axis selection and step size switches, as well as the position and speed of the encoder. Based on this data, we can create additional functionalities.
In the case of Mach4, the situation is analogous, but here a PLC macro should be used.
It is impossible to use an additional button in Mach3.
|Output wave||Square wave|
|Output signals||A,B, (Line driver output A,A(_),B,B(_), phase)|
|Output phase difference||90° ± 45°|
|Supply voltage||5VDC and 24VDC|
|Signal level||VH ≥ 85%Vcc, VL ≤ 0.3V|
|Number of pulses||100|
|Speed without sealing||500 rmp|
|Starting torque w/o sealing||≤2.0x 10-2 ~6.0x 10-2 Nm (+25°C)|
|Shock resistance||980m/s2, 6ms, 2 times each on XYZ|
|Vibration proof||50m/s2, 10~200Hz, 2 hours each on XYZ|
|Working life||MTBF≥ 10000h (+25°C, 2000rpm)|
|Weight||Appr. 740g (incl. 1.5 meter cable)|
|Working humidity||30~85% (No condensation)|
|Storage temperature||-30°C ~85°C|
|Working temperature||-10°C ~7O°C|
|ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATION OF SELECTION SWITCH|
|Switch load||0.4VA||Max. voltage||25V|
|ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATION OF CONTROL SELECTION|
|Connection Point||AC Max. load||AC220VV 0.5A|
|DC Max. load||DC24V1A|
|ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATION OF STOP SWITCH|
|Connection Point||AC Max. load||AC220V0.5A|
|DC Max. load||DC30V1A|